Thursday, August 21, 2003

Catching Up

Finally got a little time to mention: I went to Minneapolis a few weekends ago on business. Spotted two culturally iconic cars during the trip: on a suburban Minneapolis street, I passed a panel van painted to look like The Mystery Machine from the Scooby-Doo cartoons (not the first time I've seen it, or maybe one of many: last year I spotted one in a storage lot in Bourbonnais, Illinois).

Then, while driving home, I was taking the two-lane highway 12 to avoid fighting Wisconsin Dells traffic in the middle of a thunderstorm. As I was coming around the south of Madison, what should be tooling down the opposite lane but one of the Oscar Meyer Wienermobiles! It'd be polite to link this to something, I know, but Oscar Meyer's web site is pretty scant about its Wienermobiles.

Wouldn't it be a just slightly cooler world if there were more cars like this on the highway? It'd sure lighten the morning commute to be stuck in traffic ahead of the Munstermobile.

No comments: